It’s time to put an end to politics as usual in Trenton.
“It’s great. I still have a good relationship with him. We talk to each other. I like him as a person…And honestly? I’ve told people this before: Our personalities are similar, except I have an off switch.”- Senator Sweeney on Gov. Christie from a 2014 interview with New York Magazine
Working with Chris Christie, Sen. Sweeney betrayed our trust and broke his promises.
Sweeney’s broken promises to us:
- He cut our take home pay.
- He failed to secure our pensions.
- He took away bargaining rights.
- And he continues to fight for Gov. Christie’s agenda, not for middle class workers like us.
Working with Chris Christie, Sen. Sweeney failed to fully fund our schools.
Sweeney’s failures on school funding:
- He failed to hold the governor accountable for school funding.
- He let schools go underfunded by millions of dollars for 7 years.
- He wants to eliminate the legislative oversight of school funding.
- He refuses to enforce the School Funding Reform Act (SFRA).